Monday, August 27, 2007




Lazy Weekend

I didn't do much this past weekend, which is how I like to spend my time. Of course, there will be a lot to catch up on this week, but it should be manageable (I know, famous last words!). I was able to finish one sleeve of the Disco Lights sweater. Unfortunately, there's no way I can finish the sweater without another skein. I went online to order one and the color matches look amazingly off. Took it on faith and ordered anyway--I'd have to make several phone calls to find which LYS carries it and then there's the danger of finding a new project.

Which happened last week. I was in Philadelphia on Friday and had four hours in between meetings. I had a list of three yarn shops and visited the second one on the list to find DK weight feltable wool to make Christmas ornaments based on the Two Old Bags patterns I bought at TKGA. They had not turned over their stock for the fall yet so they didn't have DK. I ended up with a red ball of wool and cashmere and a skein of sock yarn and some beads along with a new hat pattern and needles. I'm making the hat on #1 needles. Very very tiny for me. But I love knitting the beads in!

I have regular room lighting in all my rooms, even in my guest room, although the lights over wall mounted over head in there so the light shining directly down is easier on the eyes. So I printed out my 40% off weekly coupon for AC Moore and went to buy a table sized Ott lamp. It's got a magnifying glass which should help although I'm not sure how convenient this placement will be--I really wanted a floor model with an adjustable neck but didn't see any and given how expensive this one was, I probably should work with it a while before buying anything too dear. Can wait to try it out.

No comments: