Saturday, September 22, 2007


Excellent Progress
The striped green thing is coming along. Of course, I was an 1-1/2" past the armhole shaping before I measured, but I figure it's okay because I'm tall.
Went to my local LYS today to get enough Frog Tree Alpaca to make the Secret of the Stole project.
Naturally, I needed to get enough yarn for a shell. My original idea was to get something for which I can use the beige Tilli Tomas Disco Lights and Aura combination--the combo as the front and something metallic for the back. I ended up with Rowan Wool Cotton for a shell but two different sales people helped me, so what I've ended up with is a pattern and enough yarn for a boatneck pullover. I'll have to see how that goes--it's on #4's which is pretty slow going for me.
The coup of the day was finding a really really cute stocking cap knit in Christmas green and trimmed with a red metallic "garland" and buttons to represent the lights and ornaments. I hope my younger niece likes it!

No comments: