Monday, June 09, 2008

Secret Pal 12

Very exciting!!! Something fun to do and something to look forward to. I've been contacted by the pal who has me already and sent off an email for the woman I'll be spoiling. Following is the result of my questionnaire.

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Worsted weight pure merino or baby alpaca. I'm make something with Sirdar Sublime that is a DK weight and I love it anyway.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have several nice cases but end up using plastic bags anyway.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for over 20 years and consider myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no
5. What's your favorite scent?
Chanel #5, ocean breeze, clean linen
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Love Hershey's with Almonds
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Needlepoint
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm eclectic. I like R&B, class rock and some classical too.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to like beiges, tans, browns, and things in that family. Florescent (sp?) colors unnerve me.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single, live alone with two black cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Hats and scarves for sure; no mittens or ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Tank tops for me
13. What are you knitting right now?
Log Cabin baby blanket in Wool Cotton, tank top for me in Rowan Handknit Cotton, a cardigan for me in several colors of Sublime
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love them!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Addi Turbos
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh my! Five years?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Pretty lights, warmth and good cheer, good smells, good foods.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Snowglobes
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I like it all. I usually buy my magazines at Barnes and Noble--I gather up as many as I can and have a field day going through them.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Short rows are my next challenge, and intarsia.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not so much
23. When is your birthday?
August 22
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
jb07094

No comments: