Monday, April 14, 2008




Pulse Check
My mother mentioned that a friend of the family may be interested in helping me finish some of my UFOs. So I went through my UFO list and came up with about 10 different things I could just hand over--a black cardigan, a beige alpaca cardi, a throw made of Biggie wool and a sweater for my nephew--and several others. Worth looking into!
The top photo shows the progress on my Inaugural Scarf I'm working on in a KAL. I knit a few rows about once a week on the bus to work. I'm at the end of the first two skeins of Silk Garden and I'm loving it.
The second project is the Cherry Bomb from Big Girl's Knit--I love the help with sizing and this will be the first time I'm trying short rows for bust shaping. I'm using Rowan Handknit DK cotton in a color called Fruit Punch and I'm really enjoying the hand.
I picked up the orange Stain Glass Swing Sweater from my LYS--they put it together for me. It's okay--the color is just not at all appropriate for Spring and the sleeves are a little tight-ish. The thing that really aggravated me though was that they didn't sew on the button--there is only one and I provided it to them and for $75.00 to sew the sweater together, they omitted the button. The yarn itself was over $200 (used Manos and La Gran Mohair) plus the cost of finishing--you would think the button would be included, wouldn't you?
The other potential problem I have is the Panel Jacket I started as part of the Yahoo Group Ample Knitters KAL--I'm using Vanna's Choice which is knitting up nicely. I'm going to have to change needles--it's just not smooth--I've been trying to knit this on the bus too--it's straight garter stitch so it's easy and portable but no so much fun so far. The sweater is made with 10 panels plus sleeves and collar and I'm only on the first panel so that gives you an idea of how it's going. I'll try a different pair of needles before I decide whether to proceed.

No comments: