Sunday, January 13, 2008


I Have No Self-Control

The stash still sits in the dining room in all it's glory. The cats have taken to stealing parts of baby sweaters and dragging them all around the house. This, of course, is my fault for leaving out there and not finishing them. The children for whom they were intended are surely too big for them now.

I went to my local LYS yesterday to pick up my Tilli Tomas Disco Lights sweater where they finished it. It's gorgeous!! And it fits! I couldn't believe it. Success. So riding the wave of those good feelings, I succumbed in a BIG way. I bought some Kureyon to work on the Sandy sweater from Big Girl knits--I'm always about a year behind on KALs and just discovered this--I have a load of Brown Sheep from a KAL I never finished so I figured, I have half the yarn already. And you know what--I'm glad I bought it in the LYS because I got advice on the colorway. If I was on my own, I would have gone too matchy matchy.

And then I spied a basket full of new yarn called Rowan Cocoon--it's a heavy worsted in natural colors and is a blend--there's mohair in there. It's beautiful. And since I want to participate in the WEBS Hemlock Ring KAL, I had to buy some. I think this was much more costly than the yarn that was recommended but I LOVE it. I started it twice last night but had problems--need to start again in daylight. I was watching the Clive Owen movie Shoot Em Up at the same time--not a good mix because my attention was divided.

So while I was at it, I bought more of the same yarn in a different colorway for a sweater--the shop had done a sample of a cable cardigan from Melissa Leapman's Hot Knits. And Addi Turbos. Now if I could only find the book.

But that's not all. I wanted to make myself a hat and saw a pretty angora and sequin sample on display. Had to get it for myself--choose black angora and silvery sequin on black thread. I've got a good 2" done already.

And then a mother/daughter team came into the shop and sat down to work on their projects. One of the ladies was working on cardigan designed at the shop. It's a swing silhouette and made on size 13 needles using Manos del Uruguay and Lana mohair. I selected an orangish-ombre-ish (color V) colorway and have at least 4" done. I'm loving this too.

I resisted purchasing two skeins of Disco Lights in Parchment--I already have two and don't really know what I'm going to do with them.

And finally I just pulled out the Noro Silk Garden entrelac scarf--I think I already posted about how I don't like the reverse side of entrelac. I'm going to knit it in a rib pattern, alternating two rows of different colorways. It's nice and portable too.

No comments: