Thursday, January 03, 2008

Been Too Long

Haven't made much progress on anything lately. First I was busy working on a new business pitch at work, then I got a sinus infection, then the stomach bug going around and then the holidays hit. I'm still trying to organize my stash. I've given my mom several small batch of yarn for hats to donate and I still have more yarn than I know what to do with. I'm a slow knitter so although I'm in the midst of several sweaters, I wonder if I should start on a cotton shell for the Stitch and Beach cruise at the end of February.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to stitch more and bitch less...I figure both will make me a better person. I imagine I may have more time for this since my boss informed me yesterday that although we won the business as a result of the presentation I mentioned above, they don't care to work with me. And since only 35% of my time is covered by client business, she suggested I may want to consider other options. Outside the agency. This was a tremendous blow because I had a wonderful job offer just three months ago and they talked me into staying--I didn't hold them up for money or title or anything else. Well, lesson learned, right?

I have finished two hats that were in progress--I need to get someone to photograph me in them so I can share them. The first is a cashmere hat made in a pattern I got online (I'll provide all the details with the photos) but it is enormous, which is some feat given that I have a fairly big head and am hard to fit with hats off the rack. I'll try felting it. The other is the spiral hat I got from Liz at FinePoints at Stitches in Baltimore. I couldn't follow the instructions on finishing the top, but did the best I could. Had to wear that hat today because it's about 24 degrees here in the NY/NJ area with wind chills in the below zero area. They are predicting temperatures in the 50s next week. Crazy...

No comments: