Sunday, March 27, 2011







Spring Projects

The first day of Spring arrived the other day. It's still fairly cold here in the northeast but we have had a lot of sunshine and I yearn for lighter clothes and pretty projects. I notice that a lot of the fashion magazines are featuring "crocheted" garments and have found several knitting patterns that will fill the bill.

So although I am not done with the many winter projects I have in progress, I've started the Belvedere Cardigan by Debbie O'Neill published in the winter/spring 11 issue of Knitscene. I'm using Covington, a mercerized cotton from Plymouth. This is going to be the most economical sweater I've made in a long time because I got a whole bag for $40 at the Going Out of Business sale at The Skein Attraction (oh, it still pains me!). I swatched it (there's proof in the photos) and have begun the back. Ribbing looks a little tight to me, and the pattern looks larger than the swatch, but I have faith. (Of course, I will have it checked the next time I'm in a yarn store.)

I went to the dentist in Scotch Plains yesterday and stopped at Knit A Bit in Westfield. They are so nice and they remember me. This is a big deal because so many of the shops in the NY/NJ area are staffed with very grumpy people. Note to other shops: I may not be your best customer but if I'm spending money, you can at the very least respond politely to my questions.

Anyway, the Knit A Bit team helped me find yarn for the hoodie on the cover of the latest Vogue Knitting. More to follow on that!

No comments: