Sunday, May 30, 2010











Button, Button, Who's Got The Button
Sometimes the "accessories" I find inspire design. The first photo features a spectacular zipper I found at Stitches one year; I'm pairing that up with a silk and sequin clutch I'm knitting. The button and Nicky Epstein inspired the concept of a flower that will adorn the purse. Easy knitting; will need professional finishing!
The blue buttons are just gorgeous. They are for a winter cardigan using Manos Silk and Trendsetter Aura. This will be slow going because I'm using size 5 needles so I've started now...
The pink buttons are for the Katydid cardigan I posted about earlier. They inspired the entire project. I just love them.
The brown buttons are for the Mission Falls striped sweater. I don't love them as much as the original ones I bought, however, I can't get enough in any one colorway. I have to reknit the sleeves any way so this one is on hold.

No comments: